Before First Use:
- Remove all labels and wash in warm, soapy water with nonabrasive sponge or cloth to remove any manufacturing residue on new cookware. Rinse and dry.
- Washing in an automated dishwasher will destroy the surface of your pan and will void all warranties.
- No pre-seasoning is necessary. Wipe the inside with a small amount of oil (canola oil preferred) before first use. Remove any excess with a paper towel. Do not heat without food in the pan over 300° F.
Using your Cookware:
Performance cookware cooks hotter and faster than normal, saving time and energy.
- ManPans are safe up to 700° F. Never heat an empty pan to this temperature.
- Use a lower heat setting than you normally would. Our pans cook hot so start with a fourth the normal setting when learning to cook with ManPans.
- Minimal oiling may be necessary, however, each recipe has specific requirements for desired results. A small amount of canola oil or spray helps avoid sticking. Wipe off excess oil with a paper towel. If your recipe calls for olive oil or butter, brush the canola oil on the pan first and then apply the flavor oil to the food.
- Metal utensil safe. Although nylon, bamboo or wood utensils are fine, metal whisks, spatulas and other non-sharp metal utensils may be used without damage. In fact, we recommend a metal spatula when using our fry pan and saute pans.
- Do not use sharp instruments or appliances such as electric mixers to cut or chop against the pan. Immersion blenders can be used.
- Safe for oven and broiler use. Handles will become hot in oven so use pot holders when handling. Oven safe to 550° F.
- Glass Lids are oven safe to 400° F. Handle top sometimes gets loose with first use and is easily tightened with a Phillips screw driver.
Do not wash in dishwasher! We recommend hand washing only, avoiding the caustic chemicals present in dishwashers.
- Normal soiling: Hand wash in warm, soapy water with nonabrasive sponge or cloth.
- For slight sticking: Soak in hot soapy water for 15 to 30 minutes and scour with a brush or Scotch-Bright blue or other non-metallic pad.
- For deeper cleaning and to remove stains: Soak in hot soapy water for 10 minutes. Pour out water, rinse and dry. Pour about a quarter cup of coarse salt into the dry pan and rub vigorously with a wash cloth or towel until smooth. Wash off excess salt and dry.
- Prior to next use: Wipe inside with a small amount of oil (canola oil preferred).
“My family’s good name stands behind the quality of every one of our products and I want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. I will repair or replace any piece of ManPans cookware that is found to be defective in materials or workmanship for as long as you own it.”*
Washing in a dishwasher will destroy the surface of your pan and void the Warranty. Food sticking to the pan is not a covered by the Warranty. If through use and or abuse the coating fails to release after applying oil, you may return it for recoating for $29.95 plus shipping and handling cost.
30 Day Unconditional Guarantee*
“I believe that these are the best pans you can buy and that they can last for a lifetime of great cooking. If after 30 days you do not agree, for any reason, I will buy them back.”
John L. Crow
Founder, President, Senior Engineer: ManPans
* Under normal home use and following care & use instructions. This excludes damage from misuse or abuse or washing in dishwasher. Minor imperfections and slight color variations are part of normal use.
If you have any questions use this contact form to contact us direct.