Before First Use:
- Remove all labels and wash in warm, soapy water with nonabrasive sponge or cloth to remove any manufacturing residue on new cookware. Rinse and dry.
- Washing in an automated dishwasher will destroy the surface of your pan and will void all warranties.
- No pre-seasoning is necessary. Wipe the inside with a small amount of oil (canola oil preferred) before first use. Remove any excess with a paper towel. Do not heat without food in the pan over 300° F.
Using your Cookware:
Performance cookware cooks hotter and faster than normal, saving time and energy.
- ManPans are safe up to 700° F. Never heat an empty pan to this temperature.
- Use a lower heat setting than you normally would. Our pans cook hot so start with a fourth the normal setting when learning to cook with ManPans.
- Minimal oiling may be necessary, however, each recipe has specific requirements for desired results. A small amount of canola oil or spray helps avoid sticking. Wipe off excess oil with a paper towel. If your recipe calls for olive oil or butter, brush the canola oil on the pan first and then apply the flavor oil to the food.
- Metal utensil safe. Although nylon, bamboo or wood utensils are fine, metal whisks, spatulas and other non-sharp metal utensils may be used without damage. In fact, we recommend a metal spatula when using our fry pan and saute pans.
- Do not use sharp instruments or appliances such as electric mixers to cut or chop against the pan. Immersion blenders can be used.
- Safe for oven and broiler use. Handles will become hot in oven so use pot holders when handling. Oven safe to 550° F.
- Glass Lids are oven safe to 400° F. Handle top sometimes gets loose with first use and is easily tightened with a Phillips screw driver.
Do not wash in dishwasher! We recommend hand washing only, avoiding the caustic chemicals present in dishwashers.
- Normal soiling: Hand wash in warm, soapy water with nonabrasive sponge or cloth.
- For slight sticking: Soak in hot soapy water for 15 to 30 minutes and scour with a brush or Scotch-Bright blue or other non-metallic pad.
- For deeper cleaning and to remove stains: Use Bar Keepers Friend to clean difficult stains. Soak in hot soapy water as above. Add Bar Keepers Friend cleaner as directed, using a small amount of water. Scrub vigorously for several minutes and then rinse. Do a final wash with dish soap, rinse, dry and lightly wipe with oil.
- To polish the surface, pour about a quarter cup of coarse salt into the dry pan and rub vigorously with a dry wash cloth or towel until smooth. Wash off excess salt, dry and lightly wipe with oil.
- Prior to next use: Wipe inside with a small amount of oil (canola oil preferred).
Washing in a dishwasher will destroy the surface of your pan and void the Warranty. Food sticking to the pan is not a covered by the Warranty. If through use and or abuse the coating fails to release after applying oil, you may return it for recoating for $29.95 plus shipping and handling cost.
If you have any questions use this contact form to contact us direct.